Mentor-Me-Jesus (MMJ) is a bible study structure that allows individuals to learn directly from the footprints of Jesus through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. With an initial focus on the book of ”Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John”. We chose to start with these four scriptures because these scriptures have a record of Jesus being present on the earth realm before ascension. Mentor-Me-Jesus (MMJ) is intended to help individuals gain a vast understanding and insight to;
Prerequisite required to gain the best from Mentor-Me-Jesus (MMJ).
In other to successfully gain the relevant insight from MMJ you need to have a sound relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Why do I need a sound relationship with the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the channel through whom we are granted access to the character, personality, countenance, etc of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:11 (AMP), For what person knows the thoughts and motives of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So also no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
How do I build and maintain a sound relationship with the Holy Spirit?
1) The first stage of building a relationship with the Holy Spirit is by accepting the finished work of our Lord Jesus on the cross ”Salvation” (if you have not done it, CLICK THIS LINK to do it now).
2) Familiarize yourself with the Scriptures, because the Holy Spirit will speak to you through the scriptures. You can experience the Holy Ghost with the utterance of speaking in tongues ( our heavenly language) at the very moment you say yes to Christ. It can be at baptism just like Jesus, it can be much earlier or much later like the saint in Ephesus (Acts 19 verse 1 and 2). It is determined by your readiness to receive.
3) Live a life of holiness because;
- Holiness fosters intimacy with God and builds spiritual strength and stability (Psalm 15:1-6)
- Holiness makes us useful and effective for God’s purposes (2 Timothy 2:20-26)
- Holiness in your life causes people around you to glorify God (1 Peter 2:9-12)
4) Pray that the Lord will fill you with His Spirit and empower you to walk by the Spirit. Then watch and listen for opportunities to obey the Spirit’s promptings.
Topic: An Insight into;
- the character of Christ
- the wisdom of Christ
- the reaction of Christ
- the mind of Christ
- the thoughts of Christ
- the faith of Christ
- the boldness of Christ
- the zeal of Christ
- the confidence of Christ
- the countenance of Christ
- the compassion of Christ
- the love of Christ
Scriptural Reference: The book of Mark (Chapter(s) 1-16)
Overview: Mark is one of the gospels, that gave in detail the ministry of Jesus Christ. Mark is written by John Mark, who was a friend of Apostle Peter. He later travelled with the Apostle Paul and Barnabas his assistant on Pauls missionary Journey around Asia. Mark’s account was uniquely written to a gentile audience emphasizing Christ’s actions more than His teachings. The book is filled with the miracles performed by Christ during his ministry. Mark’s testimony expresses the power, kindness and mercy of God.
Number of Chapters: 16
Type: Gospel, Synoptic
Written: 50-60 AD
Study Structure: During your personal Mentor-Me-Jesus (MMJ) time, as you read through each chapter of the Book of Mark, ask the Holy Spirit for revelation, in other to rightly identify the character of Christ, the wisdom of Christ, the reaction of Christ, the mind of Christ, the thoughts of Christ, the faith of Christ, the boldness of Christ, the zeal of Christ, the confidence of Christ, the countenance of Christ, the compassion of Christ, the love of Christ within the stories, teachings, miracles, and prophecies recorded. Also, ensure you take notes of your observations as you study. Finally be intentional to put your observations to practice by following His footprints as your Mentor, Role model, Saviour and Redeemer.
Duration: Spread your study for 30 mins or more daily.